Friday, February 24, 2012

Engaged

Daniel and I knew we wanted to be married soon after he came home and I knew an engagement was coming. We had gone to look for rings and I narrowed it down to about 3 that I liked. {he chose my favorite}  Daniel told me the ring was still being made and wouldn't be ready for about three weeks, so I had no idea he was going to pop the question!

It was a beautiful September evening, and we went to visit his friend Jordan who had recently returned home from his mission.  While we were visiting, Daniel got a phone call from his brother in law to help him move some couches around 8:30. I was not thinking anything suspicious was happening. Before we left his brother- in- law called him again and said to head around the backyard because they were sitting on the patio, watching the kids in the hot tub.  We arrived to his brother-in-laws right on time.  We walked around the house and through the gate.  I was walking in front of Daniel.  I saw all of these tiki torches lit as well as the fire pit.  It was absolutely magical.  Then I looked a little further and I saw both of our families holding signs saying "Jessie will you marry me!"  My mouth dropped and I think my heart stopped beating!



I turned around to look at Daniel and he was on one knee! He asked to marry me and of course I said yes!  I was so happy our families were there to share that special moment.  I am so happy our families are friends and supported us throughout our dating.




I am so glad Daniel asked me to marry him and to be his one and only forever and ever! I love him so MUCH!!

No comments:

Post a Comment